You have 90 days from the training completion to submit your information to us for us to set up the sample site (www.profitingfromyourpassioncoach.com/sample) onto your own server.
All of the following information is covered in classes 22-25 and also in the WordPress training on the member site.
What you MUST have for us to do this:
- Your website domain name/URL (e.g. Your fabulouscareercoach.com or JohnSmith.com – remember whenever possible you want to own your name or if it’s not available, a derivative) If you don’t have a URL already go to GoDaddy or Register.com OR you can often get one when you sign up for a webhost/server (see next step)NOTE: If you have already purchased your domain name/URL, you’ll need to follow the instructions from your website host/server to update the Nameservers to point to the website host. We cannot move your site onto your server until this piece is complete.
NOTE: If you decide to change your domain/URL in the future that’s not a problem because you can point multiple domains to the same address.
- A website host/serverSome recommended web hosts include: InMotion Hosting, Bluehost, Hostgator
NOTE: GoDaddy is great for cheap domains, but I would discourage you from using their hosting services.
Things you may want to have ready ahead of time:
(NOTE: Much of this, including how to add your personalized text, is covered in class 22)
- From PFYP Manual #3: Website & Marketing Guide:
- Your bio for the “About” page (see Manual #3, pages 43-69)
- Your “Services” page (see Manual #3, pages 82-88)
- Mailing List Provider (Optional but recommended)
Some recommended options: MailerLite, Mailchimp, ConstantContact